Thursday, September 11, 2008

Apple Picking

So, for those of you who don't know, we decided (for several reasons) to homeschool Amelya for Kindergarten.  Crazy...you ask?  Perhaps, but what would my life be like if I wasn't up to my eyebrows in stuff?  Molly also enjoys doing her "school work," and wants to join in, so I'm trying to incorporate Preschool as well.  Anyway, we are going to take it one year at a time to see how it goes.  I can't screw them up too bad this early, right?  I mean, how hard can it be to teach reading, writing and arithmetic (ask me at the end of the year!)?

That being said, this week we prepared for our "field trip" to an apple orchard with other homeschoolers (we joined a "group").  We studied about apples, learned their five parts, learned a few apple songs (yes, there are apple songs), learned about orchards and apple blossoms.  We were totally ready for our outing and fortunately, the weather cooperated.  The girls picked tons of apples and had a blast.  Even Norah enjoyed trying to bite into a little apple.    
I'll let you know how the apple crisp and fresh, hot apple pie turns out!  Enjoy the photos!

No comments: