Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010

The Easter Bunny arrived at the Fox household this year bearing great gifts! Amelya received a baton, jump rope, and a new book. Molly received a coveted Zhu Zhu pet, paint brushes, and a Chinese jump rope. Norah found a new book, binoculars, and a princess crown! Plus, don't forget the chocolates!

We spent the afternoon playing with our new things, reading, and taking care of the newest additions to our family - three guinea pigs! Amelya decided to spend her saved birthday and allowance money on a new pet. She researched the cost of guinea pigs and their "necessities," as well as checked out a book at the library about caring for them. Then, last Friday, she made the big purchase. The salesgirl was quite impressed with Amelya's knowledge about guinea pigs, their care, and their potential "diseases!" Molly also bought herself a guinea pig, and we decided Norah couldn't be left out, so she found one, too.

The girls LOVE their new pets! They enjoy holding them, giving them treats, and watching them play. They are also responsible for helping to clean up after them and make sure they have clean food and water. Momma likes that!


2 comments:

Lesley said...

AWE LOVE the guinea pigs. I wish we were not allergic. Last time I had them I was preggers with Katie. I think it's the shavings really. The girls look adorable in their dresses!

I guess I should post the girls Easter baskets I forgot. LOVE YOU!

Lesley said...

Oh yeah, I love the pic of all of the girls looking over the eggs anxiously awaiting their dye colors to darken. :)